Real Estate Law Racine and Kenosha
Fill out the form below to recieve a confidential initial consultation.

I have Read the Disclaimer?

Kenosha and Racine Real Estate Attorneys

Real Estate Attorney Kenosha

Real Estate Lawyers Protect You During Sale or Purchase

The experienced attorneys at Renee E. Mura, S.C. can assist you with your real estate needs. Our skilled Kenosha and Racine real estate attorney, Betheny M. Dillhoff, is capable of both transactional real estate matters and those which require litigation. Whether you are interested in having an attorney review an offer to purchase or need a trial attorney to file an action for partition, our attorneys will provide you with the expertise you need.

We ensure the process of buying or selling real estate in Kenosha or Racine Counties go over smoothly, eliminating all potential surprises which might ruin your living or investment plans. Whether you are selling land or trying to buy your first home, our real estate attorneys oversee the transaction so everything comes together flawlessly, keeping your interests intact.

Kenosha Real Estate Attorney Will Handle the Details of Your Property Transaction

Perhaps you simply have a few questions for us and would like a brief consultation to receive legal advice or, you might need a skilled attorney to handle all of the details for you. Whichever the case, Attorney Betheny M. Dillhoff is ready to lend a guiding hand. Our successful reputation and winning attitude make our attorneys effective in litigation, as well as easy to work with.

When it comes to your legal interests, having a real estate lawyer from Renee E. Mura, S.C on your side gives you a winning chance. We work diligently to deliver results which meet the needs of our clients and protect their rights.

Contact Attorney Dillhoff, the Kenosha and Racine Real Estate Lawyer at Renee E. Mura, S.C. for assistance with your real estate needs.


Real Estate Laywer Wisconsin

Real Estate Law FAQs

The following is provided for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute legal advice. Your review of the information on our website does not establish an attorney-client relationship with our firm. Each case is unique and you should contact a competent attorney for a full analysis of the law and its application to the specific facts and circumstances of your case. The information on our website is not a substitute for personal legal advice.

Q: The person I bought a property from agreed to make major repairs before I acquired the property, but they failed to fulfill their responsibilities- what should I do?

A: First you should contact the person you bought the property from to see if they have made plans for the repairs to be completed. If they did not make plans for the repairs to be made, did not make plans for the repairs to be made in a timely fashion, or do not intend to uphold their part of the bargain, you may need to file a lawsuit. Contact our real estate attorney for a consultation on your specific situation.

Q: What is a property lien?

A: A lien is a legal claim to a piece of property to secure a debt. You cannot refinance or sell property if you do not have clear title. You must pay off the lien to have clear title. A property lien is generally public record.

Q: What is a junior lien?

A: A lien on a property, by time or agreement, that is subordinate to another lien. In other terms – you have two property liens, the one that is second in priority is your junior lien.

Q: How much notice do I have to give my landlord before moving out?

A: The notice you must give a landlord before moving out is entirely dependent on the agreement you have with your landlord. If you break your lease early, you may be responsible for paying the rent until the lease has been filled by a new tenant (with your landlord actively seeking a preplacement tenant in an appropriate amount of time). A consultation with our real estate lawyer will help you understand the specifics of your unique case.

Q: What is a foreclosure?

A: A foreclosure is a legal process by which a creditor gains control of a mortgaged property, after the property owner has defaulted on payments. The creditor then has the right to sell the property and pay off the defaulted mortgage with the proceeds of the sale.

Q: How much notice must a landlord give before being able to legally enter the property?

A: Landlords in Wisconsin do not have the right to enter you apartment without giving you 12 hours notice. You have exclusive right to the apartment. If the lease agreement has Nonstandard Rental Provisions included, there may be exceptions to this rule. Also, if there is an emergency in the apartment or there is no Nonstandard Rental Provisions agreement, the landlord needs permission to enter. Talk to a lawyer to see how to further proceed with any breach of these rules.

Q: How can I find out if the property I want to buy has any liens against it?

A: If you’re borrowing money from a lender, they will find out for you. If you’re not borrowing money, you will have to go through a title company or contact a lawyer.

Q: I have violated a small part of my rental agreement – is this ground for eviction?

A: Yes. It can be. However, you do have options. Eviction differs depending on your lease agreement. If you are unsure about your options once given an eviction notice of any sort, contact us, and we will help you determine your best option.

Q: How do I find out who owns a foreclosed property?

A: You can find out through a tax inquiry search.

Q: What information must I disclose when selling my house?

A: You must disclose all the relevant information you have concerning the current and future value of the property. For a more detailed answer and help determining the best value of your home, call us to set up a meeting to help protect your rights and assets.

Q: How much can my landlord charge me for a security deposit?

A: Wisconsin State law does not place a limit on the amount a landlord can charge.